CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

STA error Exception.InnerException

Hi,
    I need a little help on an InvalidoperationException was unhandled by user code.

The error occurs when I call this Sub located in a Module from a Timer (System.Timers.Timer) also located in the Module.

Thank you in advance.

This is a Google translation of the error message from VB.NET
    An error occurred during the creation of the form. See Exception.InnerException for more information. The error was: User thread should be STA, because this is required for many UI components.

Code:
        Public Sub SetSpeechActive(ByVal TurnOn As Boolean)
            If TurnOn Then
                frmMain.picSpeechActive.Image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(System.Windows.Forms.Application.StartupPath & "\images\online16.png")
            Else
                frmMain.picSpeechActive.Image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(System.Windows.Forms.Application.StartupPath & "\images\offline16.png")
            End If
        End Sub

Re: STA error Exception.InnerException

The error message would seem to indicate that you have launched a new thread where this code is running but you are trying to update the GUI and the thread doesn't support it
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Re: STA error Exception.InnerException

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    The error message would seem to indicate that you have launched a new thread where this code is running but you are trying to update the GUI and the thread doesn't support it
    Yes you are right. How would I update the picturebox from this thread. I don't know much about threads.