CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Angry File Transfer program doing mysterious things (VB.NET 2010)

Hello,

I made a LAN file transfer program and it can send single files just fine. But it won't send files in a specified folder for reasons unknown. Please download the project here: Rixterz File Transfer.zip to find out why this is for me. I promise that this is not a virus, trojan or anything of the sort. If you'd like to verify this, you can either run a security scan or look through the code to see what it does.

Then all you have to do is run the project and connect both forms together, and try to send a folder.

Please have a look through the code and try to find out what's wrong!

Regards,

Ricky.
    Last edited by Rixterz; April 1st, 2014 at 10:50 AM.

Re: File Transfer program doing mysterious things (VB.NET 2010)

Do not include executables. I have removed the link from the post above.

If you need some help post the related code in a post here and if you need to upload the project then remove all compiled files, exes, dlls and such then attached the zip to your post rather than linked to an outside site.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

I have removed 2 exe's: one from Debug and one from Release and I replaced the link. There's another problem now, but you'll only be able to fully understand it if you try to use the program to send a folder with some files inside. I don't understand how it's doing what it is, but I have tried my hardest.

Actually, I didn't change the link because there is no way of editing the post. That's poor website design.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixterz View Post
    Actually, I didn't change the link because there is no way of editing the post. That's poor website design.
    Actually the design is fine, New members can not edit posts.

Again you should post the relevant part of the code as text in your actual post and if required attached the zipped project to your post rather than link to some other web site.

You will be much more likely to get help if the info needed is posted here rather than the would be helper having to go to some other site and download stuff.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.