CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MFC Application UI develop idea

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    We got it, but we're trying to explain it to you. Use a nested dialog and set the child style for the child dialog. When you get the styles for the child correct, it will be embedded without a title and move along with the parent dialog (and of course you need to pass the parent cwnd to the child when you create it). No need to handle the MouseMove message or any other because it's taken care of for you. If you can't figure out the correct styles for the child dialog, find a property sheet/page (CPropertySheet/CPropertyPage) example on the net and look at the styles for the dialog on each page. Those same style settings will work in your case.
    I don't know how did I missed that simple Child style in resource editor properties. I was just Creating the child with parent pointer passed to it. Anyways thanks for pointing me to the correct path.
    ◄◄ hypheni ►►

Re: [RESOLVED] MFC Application UI develop idea

hypheni sir , I have designed a dialog and worked on it. But I need to use some controls outside a dialog , on my main application screen.

How to do this ? My Application is not dialog based.

I collect data from different temp. controllers and display it in graphics form .. like bar charts on the screen.
    I am using timer tick to update a display.

I have designed a dialog box to set parameters and call it from menu.

But I wish to modify couple of parameters instantly from main application screen via edit control . How it is possible ?

Can I do this ? Now I just Increment or Decrement value through arrow keys.

pl guide ..

Are you mixing Form based application with VC++ ?. Your base application written using which framework ?
    ◄◄ hypheni ►►

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by new_2012 View Post
    hypheni sir , I have designed a dialog and worked on it. But I need to use some controls outside a dialog , on my main application screen.

How to do this ? My Application is not dialog based.

I collect data from different temp. controllers and display it in graphics form .. like bar charts on the screen.
    I am using timer tick to update a display.

I have designed a dialog box to set parameters and call it from menu.

But I wish to modify couple of parameters instantly from main application screen via edit control . How it is possible ?

Can I do this ? Now I just Increment or Decrement value through arrow keys.

pl guide ..
    When you create the MFC application, select CFormView for the main view. Try creating a new MFC application to try it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12