CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

SignalR and Kendo Grid

Hello, I am using Kendo Grid to display events in my project along with server paging. I wish to use SignalR and view the events as and when they occur in the kendo grid without a refresh. I wanted to know if Kendo grid server paging could be used along with SignalR,if yes,please help me with some examples. Thank you.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: SignalR and Kendo Grid

What Kendo Grid events do you wish to view? Are you referring to grid change events?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    What Kendo Grid events do you wish to view? Are you referring to grid change events?
    Events as in a list of events that come from my firmware. I constantly need to display a set of them as and when they come in. I wanted to know how can paging be done along with the use of SignalR. Consider, we implement paging and we are viewing the 3rd page. I such a situation if a new entry in the list arrives where should it be places i.e in which page? And also the total number of entries change and hence changing the total count of entries which will affect the page numbers then. How can we handle this problem in the grid ?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

I think you need to separate the concept of the kendo grid with what SignalR does. It also makes a difference how you are using the Kendo Grid. Is it server side, or client side? How does it get its initial data - from the web site, or only from data sent from SignalR?

If you only get data from SignalR, then set up the Grid using MVVM and a DataSource (I.e. local collection). When a SignalR event arrives, add a new entry in the collection and call dataSource.read() to rebind the data to the Grid (maybe bind() should be used here?). The Kendo Grid will do the right thing and increase the page count as needed. You may want to store the current page in a variable, so you can keep the user on the same page when an event arrives (if that is what you want).