CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: VTK in MFC VC6

VTK in MFC VC6

Hi everyone. Does anyone used VTK in MFC ? I am using VC6, but whatever ... I had tried their advices ... nothing worked ... if everyone had used VTK in MFC, can help me ? Thank you.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: VTK in MFC VC6

How did you try?
    What does not work?
    Which (minimal) VS version is required for your installed VTK version?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Thank you so kind Victor, right now I am trying an project that already had VTK integrated ... but is integrated into VS2008, and I never used VS2008 by now, so I will come back soon with an reply, with solved problem or not ... whatever will be
    See you soon.
    Last edited by mesajflaviu; May 13th, 2014 at 01:20 AM.

After secular fights, that take few days ), I succeded to integrate VTK library in two MFC projects, one of them is console, other one is MDI ... they are compiled with no errors, but when I try to run the programs, I get folowing error:

Code:
    The program can't start because vtkRenderingCore-1.6.dll is missing from your computer
    Ok, I am using vtkRenderingCore-1.6.lib file (and header file) inside the project, so teoretically I don't need vtkRenderingCore-1.6.dll file ... still, the program want to take dll file ... strange .... I have to digg in ...

If an project use a lib file (and header file, of course), why do I need dll file though ?
    Last edited by mesajflaviu; May 13th, 2014 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mesajflaviu View Post
    Ok, I am using vtkRenderingCore-1.6.lib file (and header file) inside the project, so teoretically I don't need vtkRenderingCore-1.6.dll file ... still, the program want to take dll file ... strange .... I have to digg in ...
    You do need vtkRenderingCore-1.6.dll file because all the functions of VTK library were implemented in dll. And vtkRenderingCore-1.6.lib just informs linker that it should make the binding with corresponding dll while run-time.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Even when result of compiled (VTK) library is configured as "Static library" ?

Quote Originally Posted by mesajflaviu View Post
    Even when result of compiled (VTK) library is configured as "Static library" ?
    But is the vtkRenderingCore-1.6.lib a really static? Your linker seems to not recognize it as a "static".
    Victor Nijegorodov

You had right as soon as I recompiled the requested library as static, everything was all right ! You know, people like you keep the forums alive ! Kindly thank you !