CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

USB guidelines for c++/cli

Hello, i need to transmit and receive very simple data from a microchip device using hid firmware(microchip libraires), i would like to know which class or which libraries should i use in a form in vb 2010 c++/cli. I could also use cdc firmware but i don't know if that works on c++/cli. I would like any help you can give me.

Re: USB guidelines for c++/cli

I could also use CDC libraries is not a problem for me if those are easier to use.

What is "vb 2010 c++/cli"? Anyway, in C++/CLI you can use both native and .NET third-party libraries. So, if you have an idea, how to solve your problem in native C++, do the same in C++/CLI.

Visual basic 2010 windows form applications c++/cli, my software is made in this toolsuite and i wanted to know if i can use HID libraries with this.

that depends entirely on the library.
    if it's COM, then yes, it'll be easy from .net (and easy from C++ native, just more typing)
    if it's native API, then .NET will be more complex since you'll need an intermediate.

if you really mean "human interface device", then the device will just appear like a regular keyboard, mouse, joystick, ... For most intents and purposes you shouldn't even need anything special since it'll act like a normal input device on the normal input methods. Only if you need some special type interaction will you need to do some special coding.

I just need to tranfer 4 or 5 hex data to a microcontroller, nothing else

What's the hardware interface, USB or a rs232 type serial? Either way configure your USB port as a COM port and use the serial I/O classes - System::IO::Ports::SerialPort in c++/cli. If you only need to send/read a few bytes that should be adequate.
    You mention vb - this is C++ forum so you might like to try a VB forum.