We are testing a domain move on our crystal enterprise 8.0 server after changing the domain name and server name we can't start the APS service and we don't have the media to re install the server as it's soooo old and someone had had a clear out

it's installed on a Windows 2003 r2 server with service pack 2 it was working fine till we change the domain and server name I have been through the registry and changed the server and domain names and renamed the files and folders all the other services start but state (Failed to register with the APS OUR_NEW_SERVER_NAME. Please make sure the APS is up and running. Attempting an automatic retry...)

When I try to start the Crystal APS I get the information records in the app log stating connecting to access db ect and I can see the access lock file created so the service is opening that db

The error we get in the sever app log are below

1st Failed to register object "com.seagatesoftware.img.osca.aps."OUR_NEW_SERVER_NAME":aps" to the name server. Reason: Transport user error: invalid object name..

2nd Failed to register the APS to the name server.

3rd The root server reported an error Initialization Failure.

The error in the C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\logging is this

Timestamp (Process ID, Thread ID), (Event Type, Category, Event ID), Information:
11:29:13 (1376, 1924), (1, 1, 33009), Info: assert failure (Y:\ashwin\apssrvr5.cpp513). (ret || (op != CNameServerManager::Bind && op != CNameServerManager::Rebind) || CompareStringsNoCase(kind, NativeChar_Services::OCA_APSServer) != 0 : ).
Call Stack Dump: Not available
11:29:13 (1376, 1924), (1, 1, 33009), Info: assert failure (Y:\ashwin\apssrvr5.cpp401). (0 : ).
11:29:13 (1376, 1924), (1, 1, 33009), Info: assert failure (Y:\ashwin\apssrvr.cpp1202). (0 : ).
11:29:13 (1376, 1924), (1, 1, 33009), Info: assert failure (Y:\ashwin\apssrvr.cpp959). (0 : ).

We don't have a Y: and I can't find any reference to any part of the path in the registry Y:\ashwin\apssrvr5.cpp401

Any help would be very kindly received

Simon