Hello,

I'm New with VB 2010 express and I'm trying a project for getting information from my harddisk (Pdf and Word documents).
I have a database with different machine(Forklifts) information and I have made a Form with 3 Listboxes and a Button.When I select a Brand in Listbox1, I get a selection of Types of that Brand in Listbox2 when I select a Item (drawings,Faultcodes etc.) in Listbox3 and I doubleclick on that item or click the button I get a messagebox with the selected items.This part of the program works but now i want it to open the pdf-file belonging to that selection.

For example: I want it to open the "onderhoudsschema's" (service-sceme)(Listbox3) of the "Cesab" (Machine)(Listbox1) of the type "M300" (Listbox 2).These are at a fixed location F:\B300-400 RP.pdf.
All the information is at fixed locations on my harddrive.
I don't know how to integrate it at my excisting program,this is what I have sofar:

Code:
    Public Class FormMachines  

Private ReadOnly machineCollection As New List(Of Machine)(  
                {New Machine("Atlet", {"LEH 16c", "PLL", "PLP", "TLP"}),  
                 New Machine("BT", {"LPE 180"}),  
                 New Machine("Caterpillar", {"DP15", "DP40", "EP10", "GP15", "GP40"}),  
                 New Machine("Cesab", {"Blitz", "B200", "B300", "B400", "B600", "B800", "Centauro"}),  
                 New Machine("Hyster", {"A1.3", "E1.6", "J1.5", "J2.2"}),  
                 New Machine("Toyota", {"7FBMF", "7FBEF"})})  

Private Sub FormMachines_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load  
            ListBoxMachines.DataSource = machineCollection  
            ListBoxMachines.DisplayMember = "Merk"  
            ListBoxMachineInfo.DataSource = {"Elektrische schema's", "Hydraulische schema's",  
                                           "Foutcodes", "Onderhoudsschema's", "Specifieke Storingen"}  
        End Sub  

Private Sub ListBoxMachines_SelectedIndexChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) _  
        Handles ListBoxMachines.SelectedIndexChanged  
            Dim machine = TryCast(ListBoxMachines.SelectedValue, Machine)  
            If machine Is Nothing Then  
                ListBoxType.DataSource = Nothing  
            Else  
                ListBoxType.DataSource = machine.Type  
            End If  
        End Sub  

Private Sub ListBoxMachineInfo_DoubleClick(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ListBoxMachineInfo.DoubleClick  
            ToonInfo()  
        End Sub  

Private Sub ButtonToonInfo_Click(sender As System.Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ButtonToonInfo.Click  
            ToonInfo()  
        End Sub  

Private Sub ToonInfo()  
            Dim boodschap = String.Format("Toon {0} van {1} ({2})",  
                                          ListBoxMachineInfo.Text, ListBoxMachines.Text, ListBoxType.Text)  
            MessageBox.Show(boodschap, "Info tonen", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)  
        End Sub  
    End Class  

Public Class Machine  
        Public Property Merk As String  
        Public Property Type As List(Of String)  

Sub New(merk As String, type As IEnumerable(Of String))  
            Me.Merk = merk  
            Me.Type = New List(Of String)(type)  
        End Sub  
    End Class
I Hope someone can help me any further....Thanks !