CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Replacing GUI in a Win32 application - best strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Back off on the insults, Zizz. At any rate, it's been my experience that Win32 programmers that code using a WinProc generally prefer that approach and don't usually move to a framework.
    Well what was the insult? By editing my post no one can tell.

Moderators shouldn't change replies of others at the very least not in discusions where they participate themselves. Censorship is a quite serious violation of freedom of speech really and I think it should be looked upon by the forum administration. So I report this.

Regarding your reply. You were trying to be a XXX and failed. When you realized you looked stupid you abused moderator power graduating to a corrupt xxxx
    Last edited by Brad Jones; May 31st, 2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: profanity and insults removed by admin

I think the fruitful discussion in this thread has run its course, and am therefore closing this thread.

Zizz, I understand you are upset with the modification of your post. However, this is also a community of professionals; we would be most appreciative if you would use more civil language in the future. Your constructive comments elsewhere are, of course, appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact Brad Jones, the forum administrator.

[ Thread closed ]
    Best Regards,

BioPhysEngr
    http://blog.biophysengr.net
    --
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on.

If a moderator removes something from your post and you turn around and intentionally use it again, then you are being defiant and asking to be banned.

If you have an issue with a moderator, you can come directly to me. We've had such issues in the past and we've made adjustments on the mod side as a result. In this case, the change made by the moderator was to remove what was considered a profane insult while leaving the content of the discussion. I stand by that move as there was value to the post, so there was no reason to take the standard stance of removing the post as a whole.

The action of repeating something that is knowingly wrong based on previous moderator actions is unacceptable. I'm going to leave this thread closed, If there is further discussion on the original topic, then the original poster can start a new thread and we can keep it in line with what is expected for behavior on this forum.

Thanks,
    Brad!
    bjones@quinstreet.com
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12