CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied.

Good Morning All

i have an asp.net hosted in IIS. that uses the Com library "Microsoft Word 14.0 Object Library". I am using this to convert the word Document to PDF, on my machine it works. I have Office 2010 on my machine and on the server we have installed Office 2011 too. but when i try to run my app on the server it gives me the Following error

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).

i have given all the permissions to the aspnet user and other users full access but this does not work ,

Thanks
    Few companies that installed computers to reduce the employment of clerks have realized their expectations.... They now need more and more expensive clerks even though they call them "Developers" or "Programmers."

Re: failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied.

It does definitely sound like a Security rights problem..

Remember that IIS has 3 different user account associated to it.. Also check what user the IIS Worker process is running under and be sure to give this account the relevant security rights...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Ya i resolved it, it is a Problem on the Com Object. by default the ASPNET users does not have permissions to com, so i went to "Components"-->config... and i assign a User ASPNET with the permissions and the problem went away.
    Few companies that installed computers to reduce the employment of clerks have realized their expectations.... They now need more and more expensive clerks even though they call them "Developers" or "Programmers."

Quote Originally Posted by vuyiswam View Post
    Ya i resolved it, it is a Problem on the Com Object. by default the ASPNET users does not have permissions to com, so i went to "Components"-->config... and i assign a User ASPNET with the permissions and the problem went away.
    Hi,
    Can you provide the details about the steps "Components"-->config...
    I am facing the similar issue with Task scheduler dlls.

Thanks
    Suhas