CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question 2 problems concerning imagelist control and most recent project files

1. In the IDE, what is the name of the file that holds the most recent project files that were loaded, the ones that are listed under the File menu? These file project files are also listed under the Recent tab when first opening the IDE. I have a bunch of garbage file names that appeared, and I want to clean them out.

2. For an Imagelist control, where are the image file names stored? There must be an array saved somewhere that the imagelist control references. It doesn't seem to be saved in the .frm file on which the imagelist control resides because I had loaded all my project files into a backup directory for safe keeping a few months back prior to having problems with the working project and now when opening the backup project all images are missing from the imagelist control and missing from all picture controls also. As a side note how this issue occurred to begin with, was I in the menu editor an after adding the menu item I received a warning dialog box stating that I could not add any more controls to the form, so I clicked on cancel and all previous menu items were removed from the form upon closing the menu editor in the working project. I tried to add in the menu items from the backup copy of the form to the working .frm since I had code in the .frm that I wanted to keep, by copy and paste using Wordpad. And during this process I lost the imagelist's images as well as all picture control images.

Thank you in advance

Question Re: 2 problems concerning imagelist control and most recent project files

1. I found the answer to this question after searching the registry, HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0\Recent Files

2. But where o' where are the bit maps stored for the ImageList Control? And the Picture box controls, because the picture box images are also missing from another form in my backup folder.

Re: 2 problems concerning imagelist control and most recent project files

They are stored in the frx file for the form in question.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Re: 2 problems concerning imagelist control and most recent project files

Thanks DataMiser!

1. Also I found that the Recent Files were stored in another location in the registry. Hkey_Users\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0\Recent Files and if you delete the values here first then the Hkey_Current_User location does not have to be deleted.