CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

java game programming for beginners

I wish to teach my nephew who is 12 programming.

He wishes to go straight into game developing.
    Is there any open source/shareware java games with graphics front end? I want the game to have graphical front end from the start so all I teach the students is game logic via “if statement”, “Boolean logic” etc.
    Typical games I am thinking of are Java Pac man game, java spaceship game, java maze game, java arcade type game however it must have a graphical interface.

Thank you in advance

Re: java game programming for beginners

Wanna install linux on a vacuum cleaner. Could anyone tell me which distro sucks better?

I had a nightmare last night. I was dreaming that I’m 64-bit and my blanket is 32-bit and I couldn’t cover myself with it, so I’ve spent the whole night freezing. And in the morning I find that my blanket just had fallen off the bed. =S (from: bash.org.ru)

//always looking for job opportunities in AU/NZ/US/CA/Europe :P
    willCodeForFood(Arrays.asList("Java","PHP","C++","bash","Assembler","XML","XHTML","CSS","JS","PL/SQL"));

USE [code] TAGS! Read this FAQ if you are new here. If this post was helpful, please rate it!

Re: java game programming for beginners

Hi msa969 I just want to refer our site if you want to know more about programming we can teach you everything you want.