Hi there, I'm new here and hope I get here a solution for my problem.
First of all, this function worked already for a long time. So, I assume something in my environment changed and thats the reason for the failure, but I don't have any clue anymore, what it could be.
I wrote a program, which includes the download of an xml file from the european central bank containing the currency exchange rates to update the prices.
Its quite simple as you can see

rtn = URLDownloadToFile(lCaller, url, sFile, 0, 0)

sFile is just a temporary file name which is beeing deleted before (in case it exist)
url is url=http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/eurofxref/eurofxref-daily.xml (you can try it in the browser. The url exist. I even tried it with another file at my own webspace, but same result)

I always get the error code mentioned in the title above
I googled a while and read several things about deleting the cache before, but even I call

rtn = DeleteUrlCacheEntry(url)

before, the result is the same. I event tried to disable the firewall (a solution I read somewhere too), same result. The bad thing is, I don't know since when it stopped working. I reinstalled the PC a while ago as I've had problems with my harddisk (installed a new HD). But I use the same OS as before (Win7 64bit). And (as mentioned) I don't know when it stopped working. Fortunately the PCs of my customer are not affected.

Anybody any idea, what I can try?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany