CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

VB 2008 - Calculate values in multiple textboxes without using button click event

I would like my program to calculate values in multiple textboxes as I insert them to the textboxes(without using a button click event). As an example I have attached a simple form with 4 textboxes. The last textbox would show the result of the amounts inserted in textbox 1,2 and 3. As shown in the attached image, it would calculate the following: textbox1 -textbox2 - textbox3 = textbox4. It is simple using a button but I can´t figure out how to do it without buttons.

Re: VB 2008 - Calculate values in multiple textboxes without using button click event

you didn't include anything, but it should be simple. You don't say what you want to do, except subtract 2 tb's from the first one and put it in the 4th one.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Re: VB 2008 - Calculate values in multiple textboxes without using button click event

You can place code in the change event of the text boxes or perhaps just the last text box, or use a timer or other depending on what you want to do.
    Also note that VB2008 is not VB6.

I will move this to the VB.Net section where questions related to VB versions later than VB6 belong.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Thanks for your replies. I am really new at this so I´m not sure what to do. I will attach an image of a simple example so that you can have an idea of what I need.

Attachment 32767

not a valid link. just upload the image directly (the square w/image inside in Go Advanced)
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Name:  ex.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  40.0 KB

David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP