CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem with WinHTTP Socket Application

I am running this WinHTTP-WebSocket Application in a Windows 8.1 platform with Visual Studio 2013.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windo...a140b5#content.

But while running this application, I come across Error 12029 which is generated while calling WinHttpSendRequest function.

Can someone tell me a solution to this?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Problem with WinHTTP Socket Application

I'd like to inform you that there is MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) that contains also the information about API possible error codes and descriptions. Didn't you know about it?
    Then (just for you!):
    Error Messages
    The error values listed below are returned by GetLastError when one of the Microsoft Windows HTTP Services (WinHTTP) functions fails, and are also returned in the lower 16 bits of HRESULT error returns from the WinHttpRequest object.
    Error values whose names begin with "ERROR_WINHTTP_" are specific to the WinHTTP functions. The WinHTTP functions also return Windows error messages where appropriate.
    ERROR_WINHTTP_CANNOT_CONNECT
    Returned if connection to the server failed.
    Victor Nijegorodov

OK I was able to resolve that error by installing IIS Server from Add Remove program now I am coming Error Code 4317 with WinHttpWebSocketCompleteUpgrade function. Can someone tell me a solution to this?

From MSDN:
    Remarks

WinHttpWebSocketCompleteUpgrade can be called on an open HTTP request to get a WebSocket handle for performing other WebSocket operations.
    The request handle must be marked as a WebSocket upgrade by calling WinHttpSetOption with WINHTTP_OPTION_UPGRADE_TO_WEB_SOCKET before sending the request.

The caller should check the HTTP status code returned by the server and call this function only if the status code was 101. Calling it with any other status code will result in a failure.
    So, did you call WinHttpSetOption with WINHTTP_OPTION_UPGRADE_TO_WEB_SOCKET before sending the request?
    Did you check the HTTP status code returned by the server? Was it 101?
    Victor Nijegorodov