CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to get this code work for Vb6 (AES Encrypting from Microsoft Web-site)

Hi guys, this is a AES Encryption from Microsoft.

I need to get this code (Click here) working for Vb6, but I think Microsoft wrote it from Vb.Net, then I need it in Vb 6.

Re: How to get this code work for Vb6 (AES Encrypting from Microsoft Web-site)

Yes that is .Net code using a .Net library. You could create a dll in VB.Net and then use that from VB6 but you would be better off just using VB.Net
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Users would need to d/l. VB6 won't be able to do that.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna View Post
    Users would need to d/l what?

You could create a dll in VB.Net and then use that from VB6 but you would be better off just using VB.Net
    Yes, I should have done it if I knew Vb.Net, but I am not familiar with Vb.Net.

Why do you advise me to use it in VB.Net !!! Is there any particular reason like performance or ... for using Vb.Net instead of Vb6???

How to create a DLL in Vb.Net for using it from Vb6???

What do you mean ???

Vb6 won't be able to do; What ???

Please guys, I need you advices !!!

I advised you to use .Net because it handles this directly, you even found the sample code to do it. VB6 does not.
    As for making the DLL can't say for sure as I have not built any Dlls in .Net for use with VB6. A search would likely turn up some results though.

There is a lot of things that you can do in VB.Net that are not directly supported in VB6 and some things that are not possible in VB6

VB6 apps usually don't have permission to install the right Net Framework on any given OS. While VB.Net can
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Thanks, I wanted to replied since but I was writing my CCNA Exam.

I also did search and I found some web-sites that propose to do that from Vb6 directly but I wanted this one from Microsoft Web-site as it is original from the creator.

Link 1 : (click here)

Link 2.1 : (Click here)

Link 2.2 : (Click here)

Link 3 : (Click here)
    I think this one is the best !

Advice please : Will it be benefit for me to learn Vb.Net??? and How??? Why not C++???

Please can you tell me the difference between "AES Encrypt Byte Array" and "AES String Encryption" Byte/String that I read here and there

Really think something from 13 years ago to be better than something new? Open the ZIP file, and look at the date...
    David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP

Yeah, you're right !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna View Post
    Really think something from 13 years ago to be better than something new? Open the ZIP file, and look at the date...
    hmm, isn't AES not a standard? If so, why it makes a diference how old the code is?
    1 plus 1 equals 2, doesn't matter if today or 1000 years ago

David

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP