CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Wrong Routine showing in Dropdown list when doing Find or Replace

I am using Visual Studio 2013

Suddenly I find that when I do a search or replace (Ctrl - F or Ctrl - H) instead of the correct routine showing in the drop down list, I get something I have looked at previously - see pic below

I have done rebuild, restarted the PC and also done a system restore to when I know it was OK. The CORRECT area is highlighted but this is still disconcerting.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wavering; September 24th, 2014 at 05:06 AM.
    MOPEKS - a freeware program that generates programs that use each other to solve problems. Is this the correct route to a genuinely intelligent machine?

Re: Wrong Routine showing in Dropdown list when doing Find or Replace

I have no idea what you are trying to say, The only thing I see wrong in that image is your use of On Error Goto. You should be using Try Catch instead
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

The routine highlighted for change is SPQR whereas the Current Block is showing a previous routine I looked at - namely ErrorLogger. Whichever routine I look at the "Current Block" remains stuck

As for using Try Catch, please bear in mind that this application has been written over a very long period - I started it in 1986 using QB4.5 ie years before VB6 was released. It has 35,000 lines of code, all written by me, in 1,000 routines and I am currently converting it from VB6 to vb.net. This has already taken me several months and will doubtless take many months more (it also has thousands of lines of C++ in a DLL I have written)

To change all of this to Try Catch would add many more months
    MOPEKS - a freeware program that generates programs that use each other to solve problems. Is this the correct route to a genuinely intelligent machine?

The routine highlighted for change is SPQR whereas the Current Block is showing a previous routine I looked at - namely ErrorLogger. Whichever routine I look at the "Current Block" remains stuck
    I still have no idea what you are talking about

The drop down shows the routine SPQR
    The Code shows SPQR

at the bottom of that sub is a call to errorlogger but it is inside the SPQR sub which is showing in both the drop down and the code window.

I'm not sure about that current block thing never saw that before, then again I am not using VS2013. I do have 2003-2012 installed but mostly use 2008
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    I still have no idea what you are talking about
    I show another example below

The Current Block is actually:chkContinue_CheckedChanged (underlined in red)

But on the Drop Down list it is showing as: chkBackgroundInfoShow_CheckedChanged (underlined in green)

Obviously, they should both read the same but they do not
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wavering; September 26th, 2014 at 03:04 AM.