CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] TCPIP Socket Send Failure 22119

I have a Legacy Product that I support. When you try to enter values called parameters into the ASP Classic screen, the asp calls a VB6 Active-X dll to get the parameter validation limits and compares the value the user entered to the limits using some JavaScript (and will revert the value if it is not in limits). If the value is in limits, the ActiveX component sends the parameter to the devices that require the parameter via a TCP Client Send to each of them. If any of the Clients fail to get the parameter, the system sends feedback to the validation page, and the value is reverted to the original value.

The send command is wrapped ws2_send(), which is a winsock2 call. The code wrapps winsock 2 calls, so the errors should be winsock2.

My issue is that one of these Sends is failing, with the error code '22119'. I compared this to the Winsock Errors, and it doesn't line up with any of them. I am happy that I have an error number but what does it mean?
    Last edited by ahoodin; November 14th, 2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Added in VB6 to description
    ahoodin
    To keep the plot moving, that's why.

Re: TCPIP Socket Send Failure 22119

David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Re: TCPIP Socket Send Failure 22119

I appreciate you David. You were my only answer. Nobody else could have found this. I found that this was actually a proprietary device fault that should not have been returned in the same way a communications error is returned by this function. It should have shown up in the Fault logs, not as a software error. It just took me a while to figure this out, because of the sheer volume of code, and the many layered system that this product is.
    ahoodin
    To keep the plot moving, that's why.