CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem with cryptoAPI in WinCE

Hello, friends.

I am developing a software with Visual Studio 2005 for a device with Windows CE 6.0 and I need to read and write certified files. For this I am using wincrypt32.h and crypt32.lib.

And there are 3 functions in wincrypt32.h (all other functions in this .h work fine) with linkage problems. These 3 functions are:

PFXImportCertStore(); -> more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms926229.aspx

PFXVerifyPassword(); -> more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms926241.aspx

FXIsPFXBlob(); ->more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms926234.aspx

And the linkage errors are:

Test_396.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol PFXIsPFXBlob "public: virtual int __cdecl CTest_396App::InitInstance(void)" (?InitInstance@CTest_396App@@UAAHXZ)
    Test_396.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol PFXVerifyPassword "public: virtual int __cdecl CTest_396App::InitInstance(void)" (?InitInstance@CTest_396App@@UAAHXZ)
    Test_396.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol PFXImportCertStore "public: virtual int __cdecl CTest_396App::InitInstance(void)" (?InitInstance@CTest_396App@@UAAHXZ)

Any idea what is the problem?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Problem with cryptoAPI in WinCE

Are you sure you added crypt32.lib to the Link Library Dependencies list?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Yes, it is added (even the remain of function it is working fine).

Also I have done a test linking a crypt32.lib of SDK WinCE 5.0 instead of WinCE 6.0 and my project is linking.

Thanks for your respond, VictorN.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

What version of crypt32.lib have you got installed? There may be different versions of the .lib for different versions of wince - especially as the version you are using links with wince 5.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

I do not know what version of crypt32.lib I have (how could I check it?), but size on disk is 28.672 bytes.

Really I need to build the project for Windows CE 6.0 and if I try to link my project with my crypt32.lib from my SDK for Windows CE 6 the 3 previous functions are not linking. I tried to link my project with other crypt32.lib that I have for a SDK of Windows CE 5.0. And it links fine but the executable generated doesn't work in my Windows CE 6.0 device.

Thanks, friends.