CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Customize control scrollbar

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Vartanov View Post
    ... which means you applied that wrong way.

A choice, don't know better or worse, would be to understand the suggested solution in details. Did you? Do you understand what the code does, and what for? Do you see how new supplementary windows appear? Do you see how those windows change original z-order, subclass original controls, route scroll messages? Unless you do, all the code would seem doing a kind of magic while it's just a pure technique.
    I know what you said ... The main reason that I didn't dig in to reveal why the scrollbars has disappeared in the real application is because in the test project, the scrollbars looks ugly ... but, if this is the way, I will go on this way ...

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mesajflaviu View Post
    The main reason that I didn't dig in to reveal why the scrollbars has disappeared in the real application is because in the test project, the scrollbars looks ugly ...
    But "looks ugly" and what you wrote earlier:
    I already tried this solution:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...r-with-a-custo

but in my case, didn't worked ...
    are two absolutely different things!
    Victor Nijegorodov

because in the test project, the scrollbars looks ugly ... but, if this is the way, I will go on this way ...
    Are you able to tell technical part of solution from its outer looks? Afraid, most of those who were able to program some skinning framework hardly would be able to create any decent skin image.
    Best regards,
    Igor

I don't feel good knowing that by my attitude (I guess), or by my posts, I upset (maybe) some peoples, more over, peoples who helped me a lot ... I feel oblige to answer, by respect from those who answer me of my questions:

@Victor: Yes, in the first post I wrote that SkinScrollBar didn't worked in my case, but that was when I applied SkinScrollBar to real app ... I have made a test app where I tested SkinScrollBar, and in this case the scrollbars has worked ... not as I expected maybe, but it works, as I already wrote that in post 3:

http://forums.codeguru.com/showthrea...91#post2172291

... (I searched test app on my HDD, where I implemented SkinScrollBar, but unfortunately I didn't found it).

@Igor: Why I said that scrollbars looks "ugly" in my test app: my boss was not pleased from standard control scrollbar ... he ask me to made the control scrollbars more smoothly and nice ... the scrollbars from test app looks not so fine as standard windows scrollbars and I called "ugly" ... that was not fair, and was not good ... it is only my fault and I am really sorry ...

During my searching on internet, I have read about flat scrollbars and I was glad to solve the scrollbars coloring problems fast ... that is why I give up SkinScrollBar solution and turn into flat scrollbars ...

@Igor: Why I said that scrollbars looks "ugly" in my test app: my boss was not pleased from standard control scrollbar ... he ask me to made the control scrollbars more smoothly and nice ... the scrollbars from test app looks not so fine as standard windows scrollbars and I called "ugly" ... that was not fair, and was not good ... it is only my fault and I am really sorry ...
    Well, there's no need to apologize, really. It's your perception, and your opinion, which I fully respect. What I actually meant was it's up to you (or your company) to make the test app look as much nice as you wish. The matter of pure technique.

Name:  ahint.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  48.0 KB

The other my thought was about programmers typically not being able to create decent skins, but still able to create technical solutions eventually looking really sweet. In cooperation with professional designers.

PS. In fact, any task related to changing looks should start with designers' part, and programmers just to come to verdict whether the design feasible or not. And your boss should know that before giving assignments.
    Last edited by Igor Vartanov; March 2nd, 2015 at 05:12 AM.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12