CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Getting exceptions on Windows 7 and Windows 8 on different parts of the Code

Hi,
    I'm Getting exceptions on Windows 7 and Windows 8 on different parts of the Code? any idea of why this can be happening, why the difference in behavior?
    I appreciate your Ideas!!

Thanks

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Getting exceptions on Windows 7 and Windows 8 on different parts of the Code

Very simple! Your code has a bug. Or some (more than one) bugs.
    So you have to debug your code to find out these bugs!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Re: Getting exceptions on Windows 7 and Windows 8 on different parts of the Code

Hi,
    I understand that, but why different behavior, different part of the code, on windows 7 and Windows 8.
    The application is the same, should it throw the exception on the same line on both platforms?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by aipalacios View Post
    The application is the same, should it throw the exception on the same line on both platforms?
    Well, in a very simple case and with only one bug it may be the same place.
    But if your bug consists of some memory corruptions then it may occur in different parts of your program even on the same OS. And it may be sometimes hidden (no exception at all!)
    Victor Nijegorodov

Some functions may be deprecated in newer OS versions, some other ones may be not supported by older OS versions. And, some functions may have other behavior on different OS versions. And, your application may use some undocumented stuff or functions marked in the documentation with "may be altered or unavailable in future versions". And may be tens of other reasons.

Unless you tell us which are exactly the "exceptions" you get, nobody can simply look in a glass ball to see your code and guess the problems.
    Last edited by ovidiucucu; February 25th, 2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typos
    Ovidiu
    "When in Rome, do as Romans do."
    My latest articles: https://codexpertro.wordpress.com/

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

You could start by figuring out what the exceptions are. Nobody here can help you given the lack of details.

Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF View Post
    You could start by figuring out what the exceptions are. Nobody here can help you given the lack of details.
    Yes I agree, Thanks to all that have answered, I think I'm on the right track now,

Thanks again!!