CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Need help with a Java beginning project! Any help would be appreciated!

Hi so I've been trying to figure this out for hours but I am terrible at programming. I have this project that is due in my class soon and I really have no idea how to program this. Here are the instructions:

For this project, you will write a program that analyzes the amount of snow observed over the
    course of several days. Your program should prompt the user to specify the number of days for
    which observation data will be entered (between 2 and 10 inclusive). If the user enters an invalid
    number of days, the program should display an error message and keep asking the user for a
    valid number of days until the user enters an appropriate number. The program should then
    prompt the user for the observed amount of snow that fell on each of the specified number of
    days.
    Once snowfall data has been entered, the program should then present the user with a menu of
    options that will display information about the observation period. The menu will provide the
    following options to display (1) the total snowfall, (2) the average snowfall, (3) the day and the
    amount of the greatest snowfall, (4) the day and the amount of the least snowfall, (5) the number
    of days local schools were closed due to six or more inches of snow in a single day, or eight or
    more inches of snow over two consecutive days, and (6) quit. The menu should continue to be
    displayed until the user selects the quit option. If the user enters an invalid option, the program
    should display an “Invalid response, please try again!” message and redisplay the menu.

Note: If two days have the same greatest (or least) snowfall, report the first/earliest day that had
    that value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what Im doing here

Re: Need help with a Java beginning project! Any help would be appreciated!

Norm