CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Analysis of Haiku Operating System (BeOS Family) by PVS-Studio. Part 1

Haiku is a free and open-source operating system for PC designed to be binary compatible with the BeOS operating system and embodying the basic ideas of BeOS. It's a modular system with the hybrid-kernel architecture - microkernel architecture capable of dynamical module linking.

The idea to check this project was suggested by one PVS-Studio user familiar with our work on open-source software analysis. With the experience of the relatively recent Linux Kernel analysis, I could predict what troubles I would face checking the Haiku project and told that guy about them in a reply email. Unexpectedly, I was offered assistance in building the operating system and analyzer integration. Also, there was highly extensive documentation available at the official site, so I decided to give it a try.

It took me some time before I managed to get the long-awaited analysis log and after studying it, I decided to write one large article in two parts describing code fragments I found to be the most suspicious. This article is the first part: http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0317/

Re: Analysis of Haiku Operating System (BeOS Family) by PVS-Studio. Part 1