CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Anybody remember Sequiter Software's Codebase 6.5?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbopdx View Post
    Any chance that you have a working understanding of compiling the Codebase source to a 64-bit dll? I have the source, and can compile it to a 32-bit dll, but I keep getting errors when I specify a 64-bit DLL output. Any ideas? One problem seems to have something to do with zlib.dll which needs to be included in the VS project in order to create the 32-bit dll -- but it appears to be a 32-bit DLL and would be incompatible with at 64-bit link, I'd think.
    It's funny you should ask that. I have been attempting to do the same thing as of late but I haven't gotten around to any zlib.dll errors. Just loads of other errors lol. I'll let you know if I can get it compiled at a later date.

I have the install for codebase 6.5 cb6maint_mdx_sa_c.exe. I purchased it in 2011. Not sure if you ever found the copy. I can share the install. Its about 7Mbs. I would be interested in finding out if anyone has made this work in .net.

I have the install for codebase 6.5 (cb6maint_mdx_sa_c.exe). Its about 7Mbs. I can share it. I think, I purchased it in 2011. I am interested in finding out if anyone has made it work with .net

Quote Originally Posted by citygate View Post
    I have the install for codebase 6.5 (cb6maint_mdx_sa_c.exe). Its about 7Mbs. I can share it. I think, I purchased it in 2011. I am interested in finding out if anyone has made it work with .net
    Works perfectly with .net. if you need help let me know. All I had to do was install the correct codebase dll on my pc and add the codebase module to my project. After that everything worked great.

Not sure what the correct codebase DLLs are. Can you provide names, so I can look in my install. Also, was there a specific codebase product for supporting .net or was there just one product?

Quote Originally Posted by citygate View Post
    Not sure what the correct codebase DLLs are. Can you provide names, so I can look in my install. Also, was there a specific codebase product for supporting .net or was there just one product?
    Yes, sorry about that. I was not at my PC at the time.

The current DLL I am using is c4dll.dll - Last modified 1/20/2003 at 11:25am. If you need this dll let me know I'm more than glad to pass it along. The particular .vb file for CodeBase that I use makes use of a lot of compatibility VB6 calls so you'll need to make a reference to Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility and Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.Data. If you need this file as well do let me know I can make it available to you as well. Add me on Skype if you need more help. My username is trevmonshta2. That should be all you need to get running. I've developed numerous VB.Net desktop applications as well as a number of ASP.Net applications using CodeBase and continue to do so.

Hi All,
    I see I'm not the only one struggling with codebase files. I have to do some maintenance on an old program I did 10-12 years ago. Just add a few fields. Codebase has to be installed on my newer dev. machine. I have found my Codebase 6.5 manuals and CD, but cannot fine the R3 update file. Does anyone have a copy they can send? I found a link in the thread but no longer works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irondude View Post
    Hi All,
    I see I'm not the only one struggling with codebase files. I have to do some maintenance on an old program I did 10-12 years ago. Just add a few fields. Codebase has to be installed on my newer dev. machine. I have found my Codebase 6.5 manuals and CD, but cannot fine the R3 update file. Does anyone have a copy they can send? I found a link in the thread but no longer works.

Thanks
    If you have Skype Irondude go ahead and add me(trevmonshta2). You can elaborate a little more with me on what you need and I'll hopefully get you what you need.

Happy to discuss with people who continue to work with CodeBase ... A very great product.
    Just a question ( just in case because the product does not exist any more ... ) can you tell me how we can recompile the d4dll.dll
    In the build/msvc directory, I find 15 objects : c4class.BAT+.DSP+.LST, c4dll.cmd+.DSP, c4dll_compile.cmd, c4dll_compile_msvc.cmd, c4dll_lib.lst, c4dll_link.cmd, c4dll_link_msvc.cmd, c4lib.cmd+.DSP, c4lib.dsp, c4lib_compile.cmd, c4lib_link.cmd, c4source.lst.
    Can you tell me which object to use to recompile the DLL ? I know it's an easy question for you but I'm just a newbie in C++.
    Second question : which compiler do I need to use ? Visual Studio 12 or 14 or Microsoft Visual C++ 1.52, 2.0 or Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools : MSBuild, Arm Cross, Native Build ???

Thanks a lot for the help of the professionnals of Microsoft C++.

I hope a company will continue the business of Code Base ... who knows ?

Sorry, I meant to compile c4dll.dll ;-)

I now have a x64 c4dll. I was able to figure out how to compile it and got it all working. As far as I've tested it was correctly compiled. I had to use the Visual Studio 2008 compiler to get the least amount of grief. It was compiled x64(_M_AMD64). Once it compiled I tested if I could simply code4init in a x64 built windows forms application. Initialized no problems which it would not do originally with a x32(obvious reasons). If anyone would like help with compiling or other assistance contact me via my skype listed above, or send me a message here.

I'm interested, can you send me the procedure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortec View Post
    I'm interested, can you send me the procedure ?
    Absolutely. There are a few requirements though. You will need to have installed the Codebase x64 Microsoft Addon that was provided with any of the most recent copies they provided(This contains the source files, and the batch files you'll need to compile it.), Visual Studio 2008 or 2010.

If you have everything then you'll probably find that the batch files in msvc64 were meant to get the job done but they will crash so they need some minor modifications. They were targeting the Visual C++ 6.0 compiler originally which is a problem because if you're like me you don't have it or the service pack to make it work. I picked the next closest compiler VS2008. My copy of vs2008 was located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC.

The batch file c4dll.bat might need some modifications. You may have to set the directory to your mscvc64 directory so that it can go up to root and find the source directory next to mscvc64.

Use the cd command before the :COMPILE label and before the c4dll linker file copy command.

Easiest way to setup your build environment is to open up command prompt or a developer command prompt and call the vs batch file.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x64 - Sets up the build environment for the right x64 compiler.

Once this command is processed finally call c4dll.bat.

"C:\codebase\cb_win64bit\msvc64\c4dll.bat" - My codebase x64 install location

This worked for me at the very least.

While the Sequiter company is practically gone, or not in software business anymore..
    Does anybody know where I can get a copy of latest version of Codebase ODBC standalone driver? I need a version later than 2004. I have a purchased version around that time. Unfortunately some memory limitations it seems were updated with a version a bit later.. Thank you.

Hello,

We are using Codebase since 1996 with Delphi 5. in 2016 we migrated our application (4 000 000 lines of code) to Delphi Berlin. We had small problem with rounding etc. and we manage to find the source of the C4dll.dll that helped us to fix the issue (work around) in the Delphi code codebase.pas. Now we have an issue with the Codebase Server 6.5. When it reach about 250meg in memory it crash.. We don't know yet if it's the number of workstation that connect to the server (about 150) or the number of tables open (more than 1000). We would love to get our hands on the Codebase server 6.5 source code. If anyone has it please contact us. We can share the source for the C4dll.dll if needed.
    Thank you
    Eric

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast