I am using Xamarin in C#, to build a cross platform BLE app. It is based on this example app using the Monkey.Robotics plugin. All the examples use an `ObservableCollection<IDevice> devices;` line, to populate a ListView with all the scanned results which the user can then manually select, setting a variable to equal that value. i.e. `var device = e.SelectedItem as IDevice;` I am connecting to a known type of device, so after that device is selected, I want to then automatically set the Service and Characteristic variables. The structure of `IDevices` seems a bit tricky, so I thought it would be easiest to enumerate the Services and then automatically select the one that matches the ID I am looking for. Like This:

Code:
    IAdapter adapter;
    IDevice device;
    IService AppService;

ObservableCollection<IService> services;

adapter.DeviceConnected += (s, e) => {

device = e.Device;
            // when services are discovered
            device.ServicesDiscovered += (object se, EventArgs ea) => {
                if (services.Count == 0)
                    Device.BeginInvokeOnMainThread (() => {
                        foreach (var service in device.Services) {
                            if (service.ID == 0x2A37.UuidFromPartial ()) {
                                AppService = service as IService;
                            }  else {
                                services.Add (service);
                            }
                        }
                    } );
            } ;

// start looking for services
            device.DiscoverServices ();
        };
Is this how you would do it, or would you collect all the results and then check through them? In which case, how would you structure that?

I could also have a function, to `SearchFor(x)`, and set up a ubiquitous `ObservableCollection`, and just throw x into it? Not sure if it could deal with both `IService` and `ICharacteristic`, unless I just has 2 if statements and defined different behaviour for each. Still, it would be god to see some suggestions for the best way to move forward.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.