dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: VS2012 & PC Not Responding - CFiledialog

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    308

    VS2012 & PC Not Responding - CFiledialog

    Hi,

    i'm using CFiledialog in my project.

    The below code working good, but some times empty file dialog opened, then both VS2012 software & PC - Not Responding. Even task manager also not opened.
    Code:
    	
    CFileDialog dlg(TRUE,NULL,NULL,NULL,"BMP Image |*.bmp",NULL);
    if (dlg.DoModal()==IDOK)
    {				
    	imgname = dlg.GetFileName(); 
    	imgpath = dlg.GetPathName();
    }
    what is the reason?
    Regards,

    SaraswathiSrinath

  2. #2
    VictorN's Avatar
    VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hanover Germany
    Posts
    19,581

    Re: VS2012 & PC Not Responding - CFiledialog

    Does it happen with only one PC?
    Does it happen with both debug and release builds?
    Victor Nijegorodov

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Voronezh, Russia
    Posts
    6,603

    Re: VS2012 & PC Not Responding - CFiledialog

    Quote Originally Posted by saraswathisrinath View Post
    some times empty file dialog opened, then both VS2012 software & PC - Not Responding. Even task manager also not opened.
    There might be really few reasons why Explorer window would appear stuck. First thing that comes to mind is your HDD needs repairing.

    Second thing is Explorer extensions you recently might install. In case there are questionable ones, I would suggest you to uninstall those. Actually, I got a habit to do my development stuff in virtual machines I'm really sure about them being clean and sound.
    Best regards,
    Igor

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    308

    Re: VS2012 & PC Not Responding - CFiledialog

    Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Does it happen with only one PC?
    Does it happen with both debug and release builds?
    i was checked with my development pc, faced this problem at project develop & testing time.
    per day 1 or 2 times occurs. That time, empty file open dialog box was opened and system also not responding.
    I used debug mode. i never checked with release mode. b'cos, i don't know to generate this problem. it comes automatically while project testing time. If i check with release mode also, i can't to confirm, its working or not with in one day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor Vartanov View Post
    There might be really few reasons why Explorer window would appear stuck. First thing that comes to mind is your HDD needs repairing.
    i think, possible is there.
    how can i conform my hdd is problem?
    Instead repair hdd, shall i create new login and work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor Vartanov View Post
    Second thing is Explorer extensions you recently might install. In case there are questionable ones, I would suggest you to uninstall those. Actually, I got a habit to do my development stuff in virtual machines I'm really sure about them being clean and sound.
    yes recently i was installed firefox. But i remember, i faced this problem before that also.
    Regards,

    SaraswathiSrinath

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Voronezh, Russia
    Posts
    6,603

    Re: VS2012 & PC Not Responding - CFiledialog

    Just start with checking your disks using standard Windows tools.
    Best regards,
    Igor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width




On-Demand Webinars (sponsored)