CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

WinRar “Unexpected end of archive”.

When trying to extract files from RAR archive, I come across error message stating, “Unexpected end of archive”. What’s wrong? How to extract them?

Re: WinRar “Unexpected end of archive”.

There are few reasons for getting unexpected end of archive RAR error; you usually encounter this error when you start a downloading process and after downloading few GBs (gigabytes) or MBs (megabytes), it stops and displays a message as download complete.
    Given below are the steps which might help you in recovering some files from your corrupted RAR archive:
    • Download RAR Fix Toolbox software and install the software to your computer desktop/laptop
    https://www.fixtoolbox.com/rarfix.html

• Launch the repair application and stick to the procedure
    • Hit the “Browse” button to choose the RAR file which is to be repaired
    • Initialize the repair process by clicking on “Repair” button
    • The program starts the repair process
    • Monitor the repair process via progress bar
    • After finishing the repair process, the tool displays all the files and folders from the RAR file
    • Click on “Next” button
    • Finally, save the repaired files to your desired destination location by making use of “Save” option’

Thanks!!

Thumbs up Re: WinRar “Unexpected end of archive”.

Quote Originally Posted by Berger67 View Post
    When trying to extract files from RAR archive, I come across error message stating, “Unexpected end of archive”. What’s wrong? How to extract them?
    WinRAR tool provides you a built-in repair feature to repair corrupt RAR as well as ZIP archive. You can try it. If corruption is not that severe, you can repair RAR archive manually. Also, you can try to extract data from corrupt RAR archive by using data extraction feature of WinRAR tool.

I've found this blog post - http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2016/...pair-rar-file/

It contains useful information on how to repair RAR file manually. People may recommend you 3rd party tools. But don't purchase any such paid software without proper evaluation. Most of the software vendors offer free evaluation before purchasing any such paid tool. So you must download demo/trial version for free evaluation. Demo/trial version can help you check what you could possibly recover from the corrupt RAR archive before paying for the software. If you're satisfied with the results, then only you should purchase the software.

I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Regards.

You need to download RAR Fix Toolbox software and install the software to your computer desktop/laptop
    https://blendberg.com/pl/gotowe-bazy...ztw-lubelskie/

Quote Originally Posted by Gil89Nieves View Post
    There are few reasons for getting unexpected end of archive RAR error; you usually encounter this error when you start a downloading process and after downloading few GBs (gigabytes) or MBs (megabytes), it stops and displays a message as download complete.
    Given below are the steps which might help you in recovering professional dissertation writing files from your corrupted RAR archive:
    • Download RAR Fix Toolbox software and install the software to your computer desktop/laptop
    https://www.fixtoolbox.com/rarfix.html

• Launch the repair application and stick to the procedure
    • Hit the “Browse” button to choose the RAR file which is to be repaired
    • Initialize the repair process by clicking on “Repair” button
    • The program starts the repair process
    • Monitor the repair process via progress bar
    • After finishing the repair process, the tool displays all the files and folders from the RAR file
    • Click on “Next” button
    • Finally, save the repaired files to your desired destination location by making use of “Save” option’
    Hello Gil89Nieves,

Perhaps, you also have an idea how to avoid blocking RAR files. Every time I try to download the RAR file, WD security blocks it as a potentially harmful file. And when I try to extract the files from the old archive (that I already downloaded a couple of months ago), I have to right click every single one all the time, and then properties, unblock.

Thanks,
    Terence

I am a bit sad that WinRAR is not for free anymore, but then again I don't have a choice since I won't be able to access a folder without extracting it. BTW, is there anyone here that knows how to set up an electric pet fence?
    Last edited by pretty_lexi; January 4th, 2019 at 03:03 AM.