CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

D3D9 on Windows 10 failure

Has anyone else found that a D3D9 full screen app (D3DCREATE_ADAPTERGROUP_DEVICE) that has worked well up to Win 8.1 fails with Windows 10 after the August update? d3d9->CreateDevice fails with D3DERR_INVALIDCALL. As I said... the code works with Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, Vista... and with original Windows 10 developer preview... but NOT after August update. Any tiny clue would be appreciated. I'd be happy to post present params, and other support code. Mainly, I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this? Also, if you know any way to get more information as to WHY the call failed, beyond the simple error return. Thanks

Re: D3D9 on Windows 10 failure

I am having the same problem with a D3D9 multihead application on Windows 10. It used to work fine on Windows 7. Did you find out what is causing this, or were you able to solve your problem?

I use d3d9.dlls on my windows 10 pc and have never had to do any of this.edit: I should mention that I upgraded from win 8.1, so that's probably why I haven't had problems.Brochure Designing

Hello samshaf, thanks for your reply!
    So you wrote a D3D9 application that uses multihead (D3DCREATE_ADAPTERGROUP_DEVICE), and your application works fine on Windows 10? I would be very interested in what exactly you are doing (respectively what I am doing wrong)!