dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66

Thread: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Exclamation Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Hello guys, i found this source for Visual Studio 2013 that produces a .dll.

    I tried to make it work with Visual Studio 2015 but i failed.
    Then i tried to compile it using Visual Studio 2013 which should work, but seems to have errors that i have no way to fix and stops the compilation.

    Could you help me out on fixing those errors?

    Source files on a rar uploaded to Megaupload: http://www.megafileupload.com/6438/Cohibahook.rar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    193

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Hi .. in the beginning one can feel vs13 - vs15 mov job tedious but it is not really so.
    Pl post your errors . I was not able to open the rar file.
    We can very well port the project

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Quote Originally Posted by new_2012 View Post
    Hi .. in the beginning one can feel vs13 - vs15 mov job tedious but it is not really so.
    Pl post your errors . I was not able to open the rar file.
    We can very well port the project
    First of all thanks a lot for your time already and the fact that you cared enough to read my whole thread.

    Now, i 'll post the source again via dropbox this time, and i 'll post the compilation logfile that shows the errors.

    Code:
    Build started 9/2/2016 11:06:26 πμ.
         1>Project "C:\Users\User\Desktop\cohibahook\Cohibahook\Cohibahook.vcxproj" on node 2 (Build target(s)).
         1>ClCompile:
             C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\CL.exe /c /ZI /nologo /W3 /WX- /sdl /Od /Oy- /D _MBCS /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc120.pdb" /Gd /TP /analyze- /errorReport:prompt CAimbot.cpp CAntiaim.cpp CDraw.cpp CGameEventManager.cpp CSpread.cpp FrameStage.cpp checksum_crc.cpp Client.cpp CMath.cpp CGlowObjectManager.cpp CDebugOverlay.cpp CConsole.cpp Counter.cpp KeyEvent.cpp MD5.cpp netvars.cpp Panel.cpp CValve.cpp main.cpp RunCommandHook.cpp Utils.cpp
             Utils.cpp
             RunCommandHook.cpp
             main.cpp
             CValve.cpp
             Panel.cpp
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\panel.cpp(11): warning C4409: illegal instruction size
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\panel.cpp(12): warning C4409: illegal instruction size
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\panel.cpp(55): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'INT' to 'float', possible loss of data
             netvars.cpp
             MD5.cpp
             KeyEvent.cpp
             Counter.cpp
             CConsole.cpp
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cconsole.cpp(51): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cconsole.cpp(82): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cconsole.cpp(133): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cconsole.cpp(191): warning C4805: '==' : unsafe mix of type 'BOOL' and type 'bool' in operation
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cconsole.cpp(278): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
             CDebugOverlay.cpp
             CGlowObjectManager.cpp
             CMath.cpp
             Client.cpp
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\client.cpp(119): warning C4409: illegal instruction size
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\client.cpp(140): warning C4409: illegal instruction size
             checksum_crc.cpp
             FrameStage.cpp
             CSpread.cpp
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cspread.cpp(94): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data
             CGameEventManager.cpp
             CDraw.cpp
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(56): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(57): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(58): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(59): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(86): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(175): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(198): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\cdraw.cpp(257): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
             CAntiaim.cpp
             Generating Code...
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\vector.h(258): error C4716: 'Vector::NormalizeInPlace' : must return a value
             Compiling...
             CAimbot.cpp
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\caimbot.cpp(189): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
             Generating Code...
         1>c:\users\user\desktop\cohibahook\cohibahook\vector.h(258): error C4716: 'Vector::NormalizeInPlace' : must return a value
         1>Done Building Project "C:\Users\User\Desktop\cohibahook\Cohibahook\Cohibahook.vcxproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.
    
    Build FAILED.
    
    Time Elapsed 00:00:15.72

    DropBox Link for the source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yd0lyt65v...ahook.rar?dl=0

  4. #4
    2kaud's Avatar
    2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,997

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Please do not provide links to sites when asking for assistance. Please post your code direct to the thread. See http://forums.codeguru.com/announcement.php?f=7

    When posting code, please use code tags so that the code is readable.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

    C++17 Compiler: Microsoft VS2019 (16.4.5)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    Please do not provide links to sites when asking for assistance. Please post your code direct to the thread. See http://forums.codeguru.com/announcement.php?f=7

    When posting code, please use code tags so that the code is readable.
    Thing is that if someone would like to help me out and would like to try for himself to compile this, it's like 25 different .cpp/.h he needs to have.. thus would be a really really long thread to post them one by one just for him.. so i shared the whole source on a rar.

    Best regards

  6. #6
    VictorN's Avatar
    VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hanover Germany
    Posts
    19,593

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohex View Post
    Thing is that if someone would like to help me out and would like to try for himself to compile this, it's like 25 different .cpp/.h he needs to have.. thus would be a really really long thread to post them one by one just for him.. so i shared the whole source on a rar.
    Your point is wrong.
    I guess, the most of the compiler warnings/errors are the same (or very similar) for all your "25 different .cpp/.h".
    So, please, choose at least one module producing the errors you showed, and post it (like it was recommended in Announcements 2kaud referred to) to the Forum.
    It would also help if you showed the corresponding line of code for every error/warning.
    Victor Nijegorodov

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Your point is wrong.
    I guess, the most of the compiler warnings/errors are the same (or very similar) for all your "25 different .cpp/.h".
    So, please, choose at least one module producing the errors you showed, and post it (like it was recommended in Announcements 2kaud referred to) to the Forum.
    It would also help if you showed the corresponding line of code for every error/warning.
    I am seriously clueless.. it's not supposed to have any error whatsoever on the line that it corresponds when you click on the error so i guess it's something overall that triggers it that's why i 'm posting the source itself.

    And on any case.. since i already did, could you do an exception on this strict for a weird reason rule and help me out on it? ;pp

  8. #8
    VictorN's Avatar
    VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hanover Germany
    Posts
    19,593

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Victor Nijegorodov

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Thanks a lot for your time & reply.

    First of all i do get it that you don't trust megaupload, that's why i reuploaded it & shared it via DropBox ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yd0lyt65v...ahook.rar?dl=0 )

    However, the weird thing is that it shouldn't produce any sort of error whatsoever on that function/call.
    I compare this Vector file to the old/outdated prototype source of it, a source that actually compiles, they do have the same function / class on Vectors but that one compiles, this one does not.. and they are totally the same on that specific file.

    That's why i posted the whole source of it and i asked for you people to help me out.. because if i try to go by the errors themself, i can't find anything.

    Thanks a lot again for anyone who spends his time to help me out.

  10. #10
    GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,559

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    I didn't look at your code, but most of them look pretty self-explanatory. You're passing an int variable to a function expecting a float.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF View Post
    I didn't look at your code, but most of them look pretty self-explanatory. You're passing an int variable to a function expecting a float.
    Thanks a lot for your time & reply man, but it's not the warnings that I care at the moment but the actual errors that stop the compilation.

    The old/outdated source had same issues (warnings) but is compiling and was doing it's job fine.

  12. #12
    VictorN's Avatar
    VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hanover Germany
    Posts
    19,593

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Still cannot use MSDN, Google?
    Compiler Warning (level 1) C4716
    What else?
    Victor Nijegorodov

  13. #13
    2kaud's Avatar
    2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,997

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    error C4716: 'Vector::NormalizeInPlace' : must return a value

    isn't this error self evident? This function is defined as having a return value and there is at least one return path from the function that doesn't return a value.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

    C++17 Compiler: Microsoft VS2019 (16.4.5)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    error C4716: 'Vector::NormalizeInPlace' : must return a value

    isn't this error self evident? This function is defined as having a return value and there is at least one return path from the function that doesn't return a value.
    Old/outdated source had same structure but didn't produce any errors on compile, plus was working fine. That's why I tend to believe that the problem is not there..
    On the other hand if you found the solution feel free to point it out..

  15. #15
    VictorN's Avatar
    VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hanover Germany
    Posts
    19,593

    Re: Need help on errors (compilation issues)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohex View Post
    Old/outdated source had same structure but didn't produce any errors on compile, plus was working fine...
    Well, you were lucky that it "was working fine". But sometimes (earlier or later) it would fail...
    The "Old/outdated" compiler had some bugs. The new one fixed some of them to make your code cleaner! So you should be glad because of this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohex View Post
    On the other hand if you found the solution feel free to point it out..
    There is only one solution: just fix your code to let all the errors/warnings go away.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width




On-Demand Webinars (sponsored)