CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

coding for a gaming app - course and details

Hi!! I want to develop a gaming app on my phone but my knowledge in coding is not ample enough and hence I am planning to do a mobile application development course from Cestar college. This program includes basics of java and iOS based game development and few more as listed on the site. It's a short term course and is this course sufficient to be a game developer? or should I opt for a professional course?

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: coding for a gaming app - course and details

I want to develop a gaming app on my phone but my knowledge in coding is not ample enough
    You don't specify the make/os of the phone for which you want to develop a gaming app.

From the college's website, the course contents includes
    Code:
        Introduction to Programming with Objective-C
        Swift Programming
        iOS Application Development
        Advanced iOS Application Development
        iOS Based Game Development
        Mobile Web Development I
        Mobile Web Development II
        Introduction to Java Programming
        Developing Mobile Applications on Android
        Advanced Application Development on Android
        Game Development on Android Platform
    although no further details are provided - such as the length of the course (you mention short term??), course objectives, what the participant would be expected to be able to undertake at the end etc etc. The course seems very general and covers different technologies.

IMO I would investigate further other courses that are more focused on your requirements.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

yes it's a short term course and yes I want to develop it for android phone.

here are the details about the course http://www.cestarcollege.com/courses...ion-developer/

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Yes, I found the course web site hence my comments in post #2.

If you want to develop for android phone, then IMO you should be looking for an android developer course. All the ios stuff is not for android.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Hey Friend
    I can help you by submitting following link- For Game Development
    https://www.eduonix.com/courses/Mobi...ing-Corona-SDK
    Apply Code - edu15

If you want to learn Mobile Framework Development then please click following kickstarter link-
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ent-frameworks

Colleges mostly offer a basic programming course in game development or web development, but if your are interested in learning advanced game development then you need to develop small games, because you cannot learn programming without practice. You can also check Udemy website for android and IOS development tutorial.
    Claire

You can try: https://www.eduonix.com/search?proname=gaming%20app
    here you will get all the courses related to the game development.
    excellent tutorials in cheapest price.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsmith7021 View Post
    here you will get all the courses related to the game development.
    If you've got a good idea for a program but don't know how to code the worst thing you can do is trying to become a programmer. It takes years to get any good (no matter how much money you shell out on obscure courses).

Instead team up with someone who's a programmer already. There are lots of good programmers who are looking for ways to apply their skills in interesting and prosperous ways.
    Last edited by wolle; July 29th, 2019 at 11:01 PM.