CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Pocket PC Windows mobile 2002

Hi there,

About two and a half years ago I aquired a WM device, a 02 system.

I wanted to know to know besides the VS studio 2003 which was aimed at the 2003 one, software like the visual C++ embedded I believe it is called was available for a good long while to program for the mobile devices from beginning of the century.

For anyone that may of used one of these PDA's what did you use, and leaving aside the VS stuff since none of it is available or several hundred £,$. That is no good.

I was able to find a file for network related use for Windows mobile, the file type needs to be compilied for any chance to work on a WM device. It is evc3/4 according to a bing search that is for VS 2008.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Pocket PC Windows mobile 2002

I know this is an old thread but I just saw this and thought I would chime in in case anyone else is reading.
    First off evc has nothing to do with VS 2008

EVC [Embedded Visual C] and EVB [Embedded Visual Basic] where tools released by Microsoft back in the early 2000s and were capable of writing programs to run on Windows CE based devices such as Pocket PC, CE and Windows Mobile. Both were free from the MS web site and may still be able to be downloaded. EVC 4 would be the easier to find I would imagine.

Myself I used EVB 3.0 for a good while before I moved to VS2003 then 2005 and then 2008 which was the last version that supports CE based applications.
    Last edited by DataMiser; February 21st, 2017 at 12:13 AM.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.