CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Android app marketing

I would like to know about android app marketing techniques. I have completed the training of mobile apps development from Toronto. Now doing some freelance works. Recently I got a project to develop an android app, that includes its promotion and marketing too. I am totally unaware about app marketing. I hope somebody who has good expertise in this field can definitely provide some useful information. Thank you

Re: Android app marketing

Hope you are making a ton of money because you've got a huge learning curve ahead of you...lol

As how you doing seo for ranking your keywords in the same way you can market your app in the ASO...

I think you should find documents about ASO (app store optimize). there're many on the internet. Basically, you should keep in your mind that if you want your app to be ranked high in searching result, you should increase total install, rating....
    + Description of the app must be clear, detailed, contain key words (no users want to read lengthy description of 10 app and then only choose 1 app......)
    + Rating: Very important. Most users choose app install by checking the app scores, number of ratings,....you can check rating change log of any similar apps on http://choilieng.com. trying to get as high score as possible. You should ask your users if the app is good or bad? (is yes, encourage them to give 4,5 star rating; if no, give feedback)
    + Backlink: advertise your app on android site like: XDA, Androidpit, androidpolice.... and receive feedback.
    Many more info you can get from the Internet, i think it worth learning ASO for Android developers.

Good luck!