CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Access VB6 shellexcute a VB.Net exe

Hi All
    We have an Access VB6 program (developed over many years) that gets installed by us on customers machines.
    I have now added a VB.Net program to the mix that gets run (ShellExecute'ed)from the VB6 program under certain circumstances.
    Is there any way that I can prevent customers machines (running W7/8/10) popping up the UAC dialog box?
    The VB.Net prog has a Manifest that contains all the stuff that others have suggested and make no difference:
    <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />
    </requestedPrivileges>
    <applicationRequestMinimum>
    <defaultAssemblyRequest permissionSetreference="FullTrust" permissionSetReference="FullTrust" />"
    <PermissionSet version="1" ID="FullTrust" unrestricted="true" SameSite="site" Unrestricted="true">
    <IPermission class="System.Security.Permissions.FileDialogPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.2.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" version="1" Unrestricted="true" />
    </PermissionSet></applicationRequestMinimum>
    Any help gratefully received
    Cheers
    Dave

Re: Access VB6 shellexcute a VB.Net exe

Not sure what an Access VB6 program is since those are two totally separate things. I assume that you are either using Access VBA macros or you have an actual VB6 program and just use an Access format file as a backend data container.

In any case perhaps this would be of some help
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...pt-create.html
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.