CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[RESOLVED] windows 7: why i can't enter on some pages?

i'm using windows 7 with firefox. NOS is my network company. why i can't enter on some forums and pages? (after write on adress bar and press enter, i will wait a minute and then get an error that takes several time) only using the ProxySite, i can enter on these pages and forums. can anyone explain to me? i'm not give you more info, because i don't have it.

Re: windows 7: why i can't enter on some pages?

I don't understand your question... Are the pages you can't access here on CodeGuru's site?

What address are you -> "write on address bar and press enter"

What does the error message say?

on browser, we have the adress text bar for we write the page: 'forums.codeguru.com' (for a sample)and then we press enter. i get these error: "A ligação expirou O servidor www.vbforums.com está a demorar demasiado tempo a responder. O site pode estar temporariamente indisponÃ*vel ou demasiado ocupado. Tente novamente dentro de alguns momentos. Se não conseguir carregar quaisquer páginas, verifique a ligação do seu computador Ã* rede. Se o seu computador ou rede estiverem protegidos por uma firewall ou proxy, certifique-se de que o Firefox tem permissão para aceder Ã* Web." google translator: "Call timed out The server www.vbforums.com is taking too long to respond. The site may be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Please try again in a few moments. If you can not load any pages, check the connection of your computer to the network. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is allowed to access the Web." isn't the 1st time that these happens and now with page web pages i used 'forums.codeguru.com', but the 'www.vbforums.com' give me the same error. for i get these error, i must wait a minute or 2

Still not sure I'm following you since you're talking about two different sites.

www.vbforums.com works OK for me... You could try->http://www.vbforums.com/forum.php

Here are a couple of questions:

What is the IP address your system is using when you get the timeout? The problem could be that your IP is being flagged by our system.

What is showing in the status bar of your browser before you get the timeout error? Can you turn on the status bar to see what the forum is trying to load? Do you have an ad blocker turned on? If so, try turning it off and loading the site.

As already asked - is the issue on VBForums or Codeguru's forum? (Or both?)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

the issue is from both. yes the problem is the IP, but i can't change it... why? maybe network mobile company... i don't know. i didn't fix the problem, but i only can see 2 limitar solutions: 1 - using a proxy addon on browser; 2 - the ProxySite.com can help me enter(like i'm now). no addblocker activated. and i can't see more than the adress name, on statusbar so what you can advice me?

Check your original IP addresses on StopForumSpam.com and see if they get flagged. I ran the IP associated with your account and it showed four entries since September 8th, 2016. If your IP is flagged on StopForumSpam, then you will have trouble with our sites until you get it cleared up there.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  13.5 KB
    (I blocked the IP and most of the emails in the attached image)
    Last edited by Brad Jones; January 4th, 2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

i think that i'm not on the list: "Found 0 entries for "....mymail...."" i even tryied the "cambalinho" and nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Cambalinho View Post
    i think that i'm not on the list: "Found 0 entries for "....mymail...."" i even tryied the "cambalinho" and nothing
    Did you try your IP address?

i did now. i used the whatismyip.com for i get my actual IP. but was not founded on list

We have discussed this with our IT people... The issue has to be somewhere between our servers and yours... There isn't anything we can do. Suggest you continue using the Proxy Server that is apparently getting past the routing issue.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Is the problem DNS resolution? Can you get the IP address for forums.codeguru.com?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

"Is the problem DNS resolution?" maybe. but i can't change it, because my network operator don't let me "Can you get the IP address for forums.codeguru.com?" i don't know that.. sorry. i don't have so many knowledge for answer you. sorry.

i'm sorry, but using the proxysite.com, i can't write the text correctly. i tryied edit, but the buttons 'save', 'cancel', 'delete' aren't working. because of proxysite.com.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cambalinho View Post
    "Is the problem DNS resolution?" maybe. but i can't change it, because my network operator don't let me "Can you get the IP address for forums.codeguru.com?" i don't know that.. sorry. i don't have so many knowledge for answer you. sorry.
    Use whatismyip.com site then IP Tools, then DNS Lookup then for URL enter forums.codeguru.com and click lookup. You should get an ip address for the domain name server shown which starts with 70. if you don't, the problem is with DNS lookup.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast