.exe window
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: .exe window

.exe window

Ok,I have written my code,I compiled it,it works fine.The exe file appears.Now,every time I want to open the exe file,I have to go to my compiler, debug the code again and I get the exe file.What I want is to open it directly from the folder (like when we download any games, we directly open the exe file from the shortcut).Now,how to do that?

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: .exe window

VS will create the .exe file in the specified folder - Project/Properties/General Output Directory. If you want it created in a different folder then just change the output directory. Also note that there are two configurations that can be applied to a project - debug and release. The default one is debug. Once a program is working as required and debugging is no longer needed then the release configuration can be used. Build/Configuration Manager Active Solution Configuration and change debug to release (or release to debug as required). You then have to re-compile. Note that properties are separate for the different configurations - so any change (eg output directory) made to one doesn't automatically make it to the other.

Once you have a release build of the program in the known and required folder, then adding a short-cut to the desktop etc is the same as creating a desktop short-cut to any other .exe.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C, C++ Compiler: Microsoft VS2017

Please suggest something

Ok

Thank you so much