CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Exclamation active directory certificate services

I am having a hard time with IIS >SMTP mail relay server. no matter what i do i still keep getting the "your server does not allow anonymous connections"

first i set up SMTP.
    second i enter all the correct information. SMTP.office365.com with port 587/25
    third my credentials.
    4. outbound security, outbound connection, advance. set up.
    5. reset IIS and SMTP -- restart both
    6. test dummy document.txt in pickup folder
    7. dummy doc went out fine with no error reported.
    8. when trying to send mail through simplemail i get error for "your server does not allow anonymous connections"
    9. went to ad cs and obtained certificate/ installed certificate on SMTP server
    10. still not working still saying the same error.....

PLEASE help im so stumped... how do i get the IIS smtp server running so i can relay.

im trying to send MAS 90 emails to my IIS SMTP relay to office365. since mas90 does not offer TLS or STARTLS

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: active directory certificate services

[Moved from Directory Services as that forum is retired]
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Resolved Re: active directory certificate services

Did you see this kb?
    How to configure IIS for relay with Office 365

That's really all there is to it, but let me also give you another option which is preferred for it's flexibility and manageability. See: How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365.

Specifically, look at: "Option 3: Configure a connector to send mail using Office 365 SMTP relay".

With that being said: based on what you're describing, it sounds like your issue is with the relay permissions in IIS, not the connection to Office365. Make sure you follow all of the directions in the first link, especially that related to [Access] tab in the SMTP properties.
    Good Luck,
    Craig - CRG IT Solutions - Microsoft Gold Partner

-My posts after 08/2015 = .NET 4.x and Visual Studio 2015
    -My posts after 11/2011 = .NET 4.x and Visual Studio 2012
    -My posts after 02/2010 = .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010
    -My posts after 12/2007 = .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008
    -My posts after 04/2007 = .NET 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005
    -My posts before 04/2007 = .NET 1.1/2.0

*I do not follow all threads, so if you have a secondary question, message me.

Re: active directory certificate services

Thanks I' gave it a try and it still says the same thing...