CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Main report with sub report and sub sub report

Hi

I am working with Crystal XI.

I have a main report and a link under the main report to the sub report.
    All work fine until here.
    Inside the sub report I have a same link to another report (let me call it sub sub report)

So I have a (Main Report) --> Link to --> (Sub Report) --> Link to --> (Sub Sub report)

The field linking the reports together is the same

Why the sub sub report not showing anything.

Any idea?

Thank you

Re: Main report with sub report and sub sub report

I don't think you are correctly describing the problem. Crystal reports allows for multiple sub-reports, but will not allow you to insert a sub-report into another sub-report.

If you want to pass a value from one sub-report to another sub-report, you can do so using shared variables. A shared variable is similar to a global variable, but the scope included sub-reports. I suggest you check out the help files for "How subreport linking works", and "Variable scopes". Keep in mind that Crystal reports has evaluation times, which control when various objects on the report are processed. Sub-reports are always processed while printing records in the main report.

Re: Main report with sub report and sub sub report

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Pepper View Post
    I don't think you are correctly describing the problem. Crystal reports allows for multiple sub-reports, but will not allow you to insert a sub-report into another sub-report.

If you want to pass a value from one sub-report to another sub-report, you can do so using shared variables. A shared variable is similar to a global variable, but the scope included sub-reports. I suggest you check out the help files for "How subreport linking works", and "Variable scopes". Keep in mind that Crystal reports has evaluation times, which control when various objects on the report are processed. Sub-reports are always processed while printing records in the main report.
    I think I understand what you say...
    I am working on it now...

Thank you.