CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Replicate a form

Hi,

I am given a hard copy consent form that needs to be in a web page including an area for signature. What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Replicate a form

What part are you having trouble with? Creation of the ASP.Net website? Creating the form? How to capture a signature?

I would like to get advice on what method of asp.net to use, like MVC or WebForms. The form is a consent form, which will have a unique reference number, name, address, signature, date, etc, which should be saved to a database, where information can later be retrieved. Is MVC going to be too much for this small application, or how about WebForms. I would like to get some expert advice. Also, how do I get and store e-signature?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Definitely not webforms - that's outdated. Go online and watch an Asp.net mvc tutorial. If you are using visual studio 2017 make sure tue tutorial matches vs2017 or the version you are using.

Capturing the signature is the harder part. Will your users be using a touch screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Definitely not webforms - that's outdated. Go online and watch an Asp.net mvc tutorial. If you are using visual studio 2017 make sure tue tutorial matches vs2017 or the version you are using.

Capturing the signature is the harder part. Will your users be using a touch screen?
    Thank you so much for your valuable advice. I have decided to go with MVC.

Yes, the users will be using a mobile or tab with touch screen

Thanks