CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How is this website detecting whether the info was input manually or not?

Hi,

I am trying to partially automate logging into the following site with VBA HTML, but facing a problem I have never experienced before.

In Step 1, my code is opening the web page and entering my card number. In Step 2, I am supposed to manually enter the password and manually click the 'Sign In' button.

Even with the correct password, the website is giving me an error saying I might have entered an incorrect card number or password. Both the card number and password stars are still showing in the text boxes.

Now, if I just copy the card number from the text box and paste it back, and then click the Sign In button again, I am able to log in. I am not sure why this is happening.

How is the web page able to determine if the card number was entered by the VBA code vs. manually?

https://online.simplii.com/ebm-resou...x.html#/signon

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: How is this website detecting whether the info was input manually or not?

Why would you want to automate logging on to an online banking portal?

If you need to legitimately access their banking, use their web api and provide the proper credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Why would you want to automate logging on to an online banking portal?
    When I do my bills every week, I need to go to the websites of my service providers to check any discrepancies and to my bank to pay the bills. Opening these sites one by one takes too long. So I am run a macro to open them and to feed the usernames. Then I enter the passwords manually. This saves me a lot of time and headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    If you need to legitimately access their banking, use their web api and provide the proper credentials.
    How do I do I get a web api? Can you please point me to a source?

Thanks.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

For web api, contact your banking institution(s).

Thanks. What about my original question?

Also it seems a reply by another user has been removed. Would it be possible to put it back?

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Also it seems a reply by another user has been removed.
    Those replies were spam postings and not related to the thread. Cheers!
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

This is the work of the template and their web api. so set up a template for their site and work the database.