CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to create a sort value on invoice records, then re-sort report on value?

I have multiple records on invoices. I need to extract a value from the first record on each invoice, then add it to the other records on that invoice, then re-sort the report on that value.

How do I do this?

My thought is to create a shared variable for the extracted value from the first record and add it to the other records on that invoice, then run a second pass that sorts on that value. However, I am not sure how to do this.

Re: How to create a sort value on invoice records, then re-sort report on value?

This look like a job for sub-report. You can create a report with a group based on your invoice, so that you only have the first record returned in the group header (or footer if you like). Place a sub-report in the group header. Pass the "value" from your first invoice into the sub-report by use of a shared variable, or you can use a linked parameter. Then you can sort your sub-report data, and return the desired fields in the sub-report