dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Cannot run C++ console application on Azure

Cannot run C++ console application on Azure

I have a console application written with Visual C++, which is created image metal file and bmp file. It works perfectly on Window system, but on Azure, nothing happened, not creating any image files.
    Any suggestions and help will be appreciated!

Wei

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Cannot run C++ console application on Azure

I've never used Azure so I'm not sure what debugging tools are available, but you may want to write to a log file at various points in your program to see how far it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF View Post
    I've never used Azure so I'm not sure what debugging tools are available, but you may want to write to a log file at various points in your program to see how far it gets.
    I cannot write debugging files on Azure either. Be more specific, it is on Azure App Services.

Thanks,

Wei

Arjay is online now Moderator / MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by geomark View Post
    I cannot write debugging files on Azure either. Be more specific, it is on Azure App Services.

Thanks,

Wei
    Why would you expect to be able to run a native Windows console application as an Azure app service?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Why would you expect to be able to run a native Windows console application as an Azure app service?
    The website is hosted on an Azure app service. In the web application it needs to run a console application to create image files. Does anybody know how to create image files (.gif, .bmp or .emf) on Azure app service?

Thanks,

Wei

Arjay is online now Moderator / MS MVP Power Poster

Not sure why you needed a console app in the pre-Azure website to save the files.

In pre-Azure (.net core shown below), if the file was uploaded by a user, you could save it with (filePath is the destination path and IFormFile is the uploaded file):
    Code:
    public async Task UploadSupportingDocumentAsync(string filePath, IFormFile formFile)
    {
      using (var stream = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Create))
      {
        await formFile.CopyToAsync(stream);
      }
    }
    If the files weren't uploaded, did the console app generate the file images? If so, convert the console app to a Azure service and do the same in C#.

Lastly, there are all sorts of file storage options in Azure. Google for the various options.
    Last edited by Arjay; August 29th, 2018 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Not sure why you needed a console app in the pre-Azure website to save the files.

In pre-Azure (.net core shown below), if the file was uploaded by a user, you could save it with (filePath is the destination path and IFormFile is the uploaded file):
    Code:
    public async Task UploadSupportingDocumentAsync(string filePath, IFormFile formFile)
    {
      using (var stream = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Create))
      {
        await formFile.CopyToAsync(stream);
      }
    }
    If the files weren't uploaded, did the console app generate the file images? If so, convert the console app to a Azure service and do the same in C#.

Lastly, there are all sorts of file storage options in Azure. Google for the various options.

Thank you for your response.
    The image files are not created on Azure service using my console application written by visual c++

Regards,

Wei