CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Program like code generator

Hello
    I wont write program like code generator
    Enter in box 000000 and get label text 1234. Its easy but i have one million variables in exel file. Any easy way paste to program all numbers?
    Sorry for me english language skils.

Re: Program like code generator

Not sure what you are trying to do, are you actually wanting to paste a million numbers into a single text box?
    If so then that is not going to work as a text box can not hold that many characters. Rich text box may be able to but even then doesn't make sense to paste them in.

Would seem to make more sense to read the Excel file, maybe save the excel file in a tab delimited text format first then read it into your program using basic i/o functions.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

Thank's for reaply.
    Yes, here's more validation here, but I do not find anywhere to do it. The program has Text box and change label.text when push button. All options are in exel file. For example A2 = 01458789, B2 = 8764 if I write 01458789 in text box, when push button label.text change to 8764.

I think you need to get a bit more detailed as to what you are actually trying to do also are you coding in Excel VBA or actual VB?
    Clearly you can't paste a million numbers into a text box and even if you did what would you do with the result?

If on the other hand the data is read in from a file it would be a simple matter to read in one line at a time and process each one of them and output the results to another file.

Hi, i use Visual Basic 6 , program need work like car radio code generator. All code combination i now and have in excel file. I wont just enter one combination push button an get in label.text code from excel file. All data need import in program. I need working .exe file in another computer without excel file data

You would not import all of the data into the program. You would use a data file for the data and read from that with the program.
    You could embed data into the program within reason but that is likely not a good idea, probably better to use a data file or data base to contain this info.

No idea what you mean by car radio code generator.