CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Building Boost.undefined reference to `UnregisterWait'

Wishing all good for all time is good to you! Explain to me! Help me! I unsuccessfully compiled boost. What kind of mistake? The reasons had what? Here are the logs for that failure...

Building Boost.Build engine
    execnt.c: In function 'try_wait_callback':
    execnt.c:836:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'UnregisterWait' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    UnregisterWait( slot->wait_handle );
    ^
    execnt.c: In function 'register_wait':
    execnt.c:856:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'RegisterWaitForSingleObject' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    RegisterWaitForSingleObject( &cmdtab[ job_id ].wait_handle,
    ^
    C:\Users\1F43~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccRf45k3.o:execnt.c.text+0x137d): undefined reference to `UnregisterWait'
    C:\Users\1F43~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccRf45k3.o:execnt.c.text+0x144e): undefined reference to `RegisterWaitForSingleObject'
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Failed to build Boost.Build engine.
    Please consult bootstrap.log for further diagnostics.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Building Boost.undefined reference to `UnregisterWait'

What is execnt.c? is it your file?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Very nice! No, this is not my file. This is probably part of boost. I do not know. Yes, this is part of boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Дмитро View Post
    Very nice! No, this is not my file. This is probably part of boost. I do not know. Yes, this is part of boost.
    could it help: http://nanapro.org/zh-cn/forum/index...ing-boost-1-67
    Victor Nijegorodov

BTW, there is a lot of discussions out there about "execnt.c: In function 'try_wait_callback':":
    https://www.google.com/search?q=exec...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    and about execnt.c.text+0x137d): undefined reference to `UnregisterWait':
    https://www.google.com/search?newwin...71.XNZixTs8vtU
    Victor Nijegorodov

Now it is 0:48 of the new day, and I am temporarily leaving.

Ooh! How nice that so many quick answers !! Good totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Дмитро View Post
    I unsuccessfully compiled boost. What kind of mistake?
    Note that a majority of Boost libraries don't need to be built. They consist of include files you simply include in your application.

So I suggest you check out the Boost libraries you are planning to use. Most likely they won't require building. You just include them as source files.

That's right. Indeed, I first used boost without compiling. But often all the same while there were errors.
    And yet, it’s not only and not so much in its direct use, that is required by many other libraries. For example, it needs the ogre, nana and various others.

I never compiled it. Previously, in another computer where Windows XP was, it was compiled successfully.
    The old computer is now in the attic of the house, and I removed the power supply from it.
    Now boost is not compiled, and at the same time my compiler is gcc (tdm-1) 5.1.0

The error looks strange, it’s as if it’s not an error in the line of code, it looks as if
    some include files were missing, as if some heders were not declared.
    Then how does it compile at all?

How can you see all dependency files to be included in the graph or in the figure? How to find or where to get such a drawing or scheme?

1.) supercmd.cmd

bootstrap.bat gcc 1>>superlog.log 2>>&1
    pause

1>>superlog.log 2>>&1
    pause

2.) bootstrap.log

###
    ### Using 'gcc' toolset.
    ###

D:\_lib\boost_1_69_0\tools\build\src\engine>if exist bootstrap rd /S /Q bootstrap

D:\_lib\boost_1_69_0\tools\build\src\engine>md bootstrap

D:\_lib\boost_1_69_0\tools\build\src\engine>gcc -DNT -o bootstrap\jam0.exe command.c compile.c constants.c debug.c execcmd.c execnt.c filent.c frames.c function.c glob.c hash.c hdrmacro.c headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c make1.c object.c option.c output.c parse.c pathnt.c pathsys.c regexp.c rules.c scan.c search.c subst.c timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c filesys.c builtins.c md5.c class.c cwd.c w32_getreg.c native.c modules/set.c modules/path.c modules/regex.c modules/property-set.c modules/sequence.c modules/order.c

I am not a command line master at all, I know little. I would like for example to open all specified files in code blocks.
    Last edited by Дмитро; February 28th, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

gcc 5.1 is old. You're using Boost 1.69 which probably requires a newer version compiler (gcc 7?).
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)