dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: MSDN issue

MSDN issue

Hi,
    Does anybody here have an affiliation with Microsoft?

On this page, the member bUnderlineColor is not documented as being available since the RICHEDIT_VER 0x0800.

However, this page does mention it.

Unfortunately I don't have any affiliates with them, so just asking here if anybody can politely ask them to fix the docs, if possible.

Thank you.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: MSDN issue

Well, you could try to report a problem using this menu, "Report a problem" item in VS IDE:
    Name:  report a problem.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  6.2 KB
    Victor Nijegorodov

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

I've been down this road before with Microsoft! According to MS, 'Report a problem' within VS is for reporting VS related issues only. Issues with the Windows SDK (including documentation) need to be reported via https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...h-feedback-hub.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++17 Compiler: Microsoft VS2019 (16.1.6)

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Maybe you are right.
    However, I tried to report the following problem a week back and it succeeded.
    Victor Nijegorodov

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

I suppose it depends upon whom at MS looks at the reported issue. Also I was informed about reporting non-VS issues after my issue had been investigated...

From MS reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We have determined that this issue belongs to the Windows platform. Please provide feedback using Windows 10 feedback hub store app.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++17 Compiler: Microsoft VS2019 (16.1.6)