CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Does anyone know where I can find some good software developers?

Hey, does anyone know how to find some good software developers?

Re: Does anyone know where I can find some good software developers?

I think you should look on google or post a job offer on craigslist. found this list too: https://medium.com/@webrefinery/top-...8-c2c996c1a002

Well it depends if you are considering outsourcing try freelancing platforms; but first you need to do research on how to use the platform and make sure the developers you will select are credible

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

You could always try advertising on the Codeguru Open Positions forum http://forums.codeguru.com/forumdisp...sitions-(Jobs)
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Quote Originally Posted by nanibiz View Post
    Hey, does anyone know how to find some good software developers?
    It depends on how you define good, what kind of work you have in mind and for what duration.

You could contact a nearby university. If your project is reasonably challenging it's possible to turn it into a thesis and you may have a committed student working on it.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by wolle View Post
    It depends on how you define good, what kind of work you have in mind and for what duration.

You could contact a nearby university. If your project is reasonably challenging it's possible to turn it into a thesis and you may have a committed student working on it.
    That may be true, but unfortunately university students don't seem to be able to write production quality, maintainable code.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    That may be true, but unfortunately university students don't seem to be able to write production quality, maintainable code.
    In the past maybe but not today. Today university students often are top programmers at all sorts of open source projects for example, even holding lead positions coordinating huge projects.

If you're looking for programming talent, don't overlook universities.
    Last edited by wolle; January 27th, 2019 at 04:30 AM.

Hi!

I think you can help sites like Clutch, Goodfirms, DesignRush or articles like this: https://www.n-ix.com/10-trusted-soft...panies-europe/
    If you want to hire a team of developers, there you will found many really good companies.