CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

I'm getting a Fatal SQL Error which is probably easy to correct but I'm stuck

Hello all.

I'm trying to connect to my MySQL database but im getting this fatal error:

Code:
    Fatal SQL Error: The server time zone value 'GMT Summer Time' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
    Any thoughts on how to fix this as its stopping me from running SQL queries. Help appreciated!

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: I'm getting a Fatal SQL Error which is probably easy to correct but I'm stuck

Find out where this value is being set (i.e. from your code or from the NoSQL setup) and change it to a valid value. If you are running on Windows, you can try "Pacific Standard Time" which I know is a valid value (then you can change it to your time zone later).

Re: I'm getting a Fatal SQL Error which is probably easy to correct but I'm stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Find out where this value is being set (i.e. from your code or from the NoSQL setup) and change it to a valid value. If you are running on Windows, you can try "Pacific Standard Time" which I know is a valid value (then you can change it to your time zone later).
    Thanks for the reply. I done some further research about what u said and I changed my code to this:

Code:
    jdbc:mysql://"+hostname+":3306/"+database+"?serverTimezone=UTC
    And it worked!!