CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to become C# codeguru???

Hi everyone!
    I'd like to become the C# guru, what is the quickest and fastest way for that?
    Thanks in advance

Re: How to become C# codeguru???

Quote Originally Posted by Coder777 View Post
    what is the quickest and fastest way for that?
    Time, Experience and Practice...

sorry no shortcuts....
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

And lots of hard work

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinSA View Post
    sorry no shortcuts....
    Except divine intervention, perhaps. Rather unlikely to happen I'm afraid, though...

And becoming the guru instead of just a guru is even harder...
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

High on mount Enum, I hear there is an Imam that is granting the title of "Guru." The Method of getting there is difficult, and you cannot send a Delegate. Once there, you must Construct your own Interface to his Class, and you'll spend years doing nothing but Garbage Collection. If you're very lucky, you might Override his opinion of you Using your Structure, but in that Region, I think your chances are Null. Best to stick with hard work and programming to every solution you can think of.

"Guru" is not a goal - it's a recognition that can only be given to you by others, like a nick-name. If you build it, they will come. You have a long road ahead, Grasshopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Coder777 View Post
    I'd like to become the C# guru, what is the quickest and fastest way for that?
    It's to get yourself a college education, say a M.Sc in Computer Science and Technology.

There's no better way to get the solid foundation you'll need. The lotus position will be much more comfortable so you can concentrate on smiling at people who seek your enlightened advice.
    Last edited by nuzzle; September 2nd, 2012 at 02:54 AM.