CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] The Procedure entry point _mall-c_dbg could not be located in the DLL MSVCR71.dll

Hello to all, i have developed an application that required this dll must resize along the exe.

When i execute the exe, it pop out a error message like the _malloc_dbg could not be located.

I wonder what is .lib for this dll.

AFAIK, there must be some export library file that need to used together with dll.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Thanks for your help.

Re: The Procedure entry point _mall-c_dbg could not be located in the DLL MSVCR71.dll

Hi
    msvcr71.dll is a process belonging to the Microsoft C Runtime Library program . msvcr71.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library.

_malloc_dbg

requires the header <crtdbg.h>.

maybe you forogot to include it.

Re: The Procedure entry point _mall-c_dbg could not be located in the DLL MSVCR71.dll

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_APIIT View Post
    Hello to all, i have developed an application that required this dll must resize along the exe.

When i execute the exe, it pop out a error message like the _malloc_dbg could not be located.

I wonder what is .lib for this dll.

AFAIK, there must be some export library file that need to used together with dll.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Did you compile the "Release" version of the EXE? Judging by the name of the unfound function, it looks like it's a debug version.

Viggy

I link with the MSVCR.dll but i just renamed it to MSVCRD.dll.

I compile in debug version.
    Thanks for your help.

Well, that's the problem then. You can't rename the release DLL to the same name as the debug DLL. That function is a debug function and is not compiled into the release DLL.

Either compile in release, and link with the release CRT library; or compile in debug and link with the debug CRT library.

Viggy

I really thanks for your advice.

What is the difference between a debug dll and release dll ?
    What kind of symbol that is available in debug mode but not in release mode ?

A billion thanks for your help.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Peter_APIIT; November 6th, 2009 at 11:51 PM.
    Thanks for your help.

I link with the MSVCR.dll but i just renamed it to MSVCRD.dll.
    You shouldn't be fooling around with those DLL's like that.

Those DLL's are part of the 'C' runtime library, and renaming them not only causes issues with your application, but any application that requires those DLL's will not work properly.

No programmer needs to rename these DLL's -- the problem is your code or whatever else you're doing, not the names of DLL's that millions of computers around the world rely on.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

I really thanks for your advice.

What is the difference between a debug dll and release dll ?
    What kind of symbol that is available in debug mode but not in release mode ?

A billion thanks for your help.

Problem solved.
    The debug versions have been compiled with compiler/linker debug options enabled; and possibly may contain more functions then release (optimized) versions.

Viggy

Thanks.
    Thanks for your help.