CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Disable controls and change window size

I have created an exam environment for our schools, it comprises of 3 files; a .kix file that says if they are in the examination group run a .vbs file. The .vbs file kills the explorer.exe task so they don't have any taskbar or desktop shortcuts and then opens a .hta file.

The .hta file is a user interface that has icons for apps like Win Word that executes the application when you click on it. There is also a log off button.

I am looking for some kind of code that stops the students from being able to close, minimise and resize the window. Does anyone know of any code that can lock this down so they literally can't do anything except click the icons inside the window.

Hope this all makes sense? I have the codes if you want them

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Disable controls and change window size

What does your question have to do with the Visual C++ Programming?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    What does your question have to do with the Visual C++ Programming?
    Well Visual Basic but i couldn't see a category?

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cdavies View Post
    Well Visual Basic but i couldn't see a category?
    There's two Visual Basic forums. One for Visual Basic 6 and one for Visual Basic .net.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)