CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Developing Unmanaged aplications in VS2013 to Work Just Like VC6 Did

Well Im trying to develop applications in VS2013, just like i did in VC6 i want the new IDE but i like the old final exe depencencys...

I developed a simple console project and customer reported, the program complains about MSVCR120.dll.

BTW im using the new safe versions of sprintf_s, strcpy_s etc etc etc... and i heard that they are not part of the standard so.. would they be the reason for my program complaining about MSVCR120.dll?

If not whats the correct way to develop my application to be undependant to those dlls i want they to deploy just like VC6 projects do.

Thx in Advance!!

Re: Developing Unmanaged aplications in VS2013 to Work Just Like VC6 Did

Choose the "Multi-Thread" version of the runtime library in the Project Settings instead of the "Multi-threaded DLL" version. (Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library).

Also, before sending out your program to your customers, use Dependency Walker or similar tool to determine exactly what DLL's your application has a dependency on.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie
    Last edited by Paul McKenzie; August 19th, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

To run VC++application on computer without Visual Studio it is necessary to install Visual C++ 2013 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40784
    You can also make installation package using InstallShield and add VC++ runtime to it. InstallShield Limited Edition is available for VS2013 users: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531020.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McKenzie View Post
    Choose the "Multi-Thread" version of the runtime library in the Project Settings instead of the "Multi-threaded DLL" version. (Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library).

Also, before sending out your program to your customers, use Dependency Walker or similar tool to determine exactly what DLL's your application has a dependency on.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie
    Thx i ended up doing it this way.

i knew i had to install or carry with the runtime as static but thats somethign i was trying to avoid since some libraries i use are compiled in VC6 also there is a a tool you can check it here

https://daffodil.codeplex.com/

will allow you to choose VS6 platform toolset in newer IDE. in my case it didnt work cause but some other users repored it working may be i didnt configure propertly.